Charitable Gift Annuity - Deferred
How It Works
- You transfer a minimum of $10,000 in cash or securities to Johns Hopkins.
- Beginning on a specified date in the future, Johns Hopkins begins to pay you, or up to two annuitants you name, fixed annuity payments for life.
- Beneficiaries must be at least 60 to begin receiving payments.
- The remaining balance passes to Johns Hopkins when the contract ends.
- Deferral of payments permits a higher annuity rate and generates a larger charitable deduction.
- You can target your annuity payments to begin when you need them, such as retirement or when a grandchild needs help with tuition payments.
- The longer you defer payments, the higher the effective rate you will receive.