Gifts that Provide Income
Make a Gift and Receive Income for Life
"Creating the Lenrow Family Endowed Scholarship Fund with both current gifts and a deferred charitable gift annuity allows us to support students for years to come. It is also a very good investment, which means everyone wins."
Ruth and Jay Lenrow
Johns Hopkins Legacy Society Ambassadors
Supporting today's Johns Hopkins scholars gives Ruth and Jay Lenrow, A&S '73, Johns Hopkins trustee and president of the Alumni Council, great satisfaction. Funding a deferred charitable gift annuity, a gift that will pay them income with the remainder providing for tomorrow's talented students, allows them to fulfill their dream of giving back.
Types of Life Income Gifts
- Charitable Gift Annuity - Immediate: Receive a fixed payout and significant tax benefits.
- Charitable Gift Annuity - Deferred: Recommended for younger donors to build retirement earnings for the future.
- Charitable Remainder Unitrust: Make a gift and create a flexible source of retirement income.
- Charitable Remainder Annuity Trust: Make a gift and receive a fixed-income payout each year.
- Charitable Bargain Sale: This part-gift/part-trust provides you with a charitable deduction plus cash.