Gifts that Provide Income
Make a Gift and Receive Income for Life
"I give to the Kimmel Cancer Center at Johns Hopkins in honor of my parents and friends. And, I do it for Baltimore and for this great institution."
—Betty Buckell, Kimmel Cancer Center benefactor, Johns Hopkins Legacy Society member
Betty sees her philanthropy as a way to honor her late father, a grateful Johns Hopkins patient, and made a commitment in the form of a charitable gift annuity, a type of life-income gift to benefit the Kimmel Cancer Center. Our life-income program provides income to you and/or others for a term of years, with the remainder to be used for the purpose you designate at Johns Hopkins. Life-income gifts have many other attractive features.
Types of Life Income Gifts
- Charitable Gift Annuity - Immediate: Receive a fixed payout and significant tax benefits.
- Charitable Gift Annuity - Deferred: Recommended for younger donors to build retirement earnings for the future.
- Charitable Remainder Unitrust: Make a gift and create a flexible source of retirement income.
- Charitable Remainder Annuity Trust: Make a gift and receive a fixed-income payout each year.
- Charitable Bargain Sale: This part-gift/part-trust provides you with a charitable deduction plus cash.